Saturday, October 9, 2010

the enemy is doing a great job

there are so many thoughts cruising my brain and I don't know if I will be able to put the feelings that I have about it into correct words but I try.

basically it starts with the question: why am I one of the few who are privileged to be able to understand the concept of life? O yes, I know, to say something like that in our post modern world, it is arrogant and probably will be soon declared discriminatory because I say there is no other way to see the whole thing.
Well, of course you can see it differently. In these days everything is allowed, you can define your world the way you want to see it and do whatever you want as long as "it makes you happy" and no one else is harmed or at least not so much harmed.

Fact is, I had so many conversations with people recently, who are proud of being "modern" and able to do things the way "it makes them happy" no matter what and they fight for their right to be happy. Although in todays world you don't have to fight so much for what they are standing for, because today, it is cool for example to be homosexual. (but if someone dares to say homosexuality is not normal it is - again - discriminatory.) So why are they still - sometimes aggressivley - proclaiming their rights? They are already doing "what makes them happy", but you can almost smell it: deep inside they are not. I could list a lot more things like "take whatever you want, as long as it makes you happy" or "sleep with whoever you want if it makes you happy" or "leave me alone, I am having a nervous breakdown" when they realize this "happy feeling" didn't last. That's why I sum those "happy-makers" up by calling it sin.

WHAT??? don't you dare! sin is UNCOOL. And of course it is a religious invention/concept/fiction. Religion was always used to make you feel bad and guilty about things you have a right to do. It cuts down your self.

But why are those who live out their needs so extremely unhappy and distressed when you look underneath their happy surface?
And why do only a few realize, that as soon that they admit they are lost and (yes I dare to say it) sinners, something changes, the healing begins and the real happiness moves in? A happiness that is not dependent on the outer circumstances?

The enemy said to Eve, hey, eat that fruit because it is so beautiful to look at and so sweet; it will make you happy and you will be as wise as God. Eve did and she lost paradise.
And the enemy is still doing a great job.
A whole generation today is eating the fruit because it's so beautiful to look at and so sweet to eat. And they think they are as wise as God. [Excuse me? God?? What God? I am God!]
And they lost paradise.
Why are there only so few who can see the connection?
It breaks my heart - especially when I talk to those who I love. They reject the only thing that would make them happy, from deep inside, everlasting.


2 comments:

chr1sch said...

oh a new post! i think what people often dont realize is that they think they would be happy if they are allowed to do everything, try out everything and have everything. well thats almost never the case, since when people acquired this or that, they usually want more... i think the philosophy of life is to learn to be satisfied with what you have (what god gave you) and not with what you dont have. i know this is hard, but in the end it is what it comes down to.... =)

Tina said...

thanks, chrisch :) I know it has been a while...
and yes, that's one of the facets, I think. But if they don't even realize that it is all connected with Father God and Jesus Christ, how can they be satisfied with "what God gave them". It's so easy to blame others and it's the hardest part to say "it is my fault" or "and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him" even if it looks bad in the first sight.
As well, if people like it or not: "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."