Monday, May 2, 2011

coincidence?

Quite a while ago, at least two years, a dear friend shared a short clip that showed her and some others singing a song a capella in a church. I loved it! I am not very familiar with contemporary Christian music - I do know "the Christian songs of old" much better -  so I didn't recognize it. Beside this, I was so "into" that song, that I forgot to ask my friend what kind of song it was.
Last year another friend showed me a totally different far-away-from-church song but a special part of the tune reminded me of that first said song.

Yesterday evening I played with my smart phone and the "tune-in" app that comes with all kinds of radio stations, local and internet and I clicked the category "religious" and picked one station without thinking about it. It was WGTS 91.9 FM. I listened to it all evening and started it right away when I got up this morning.

While I was taking a shower I couldn't hear the sound of the music that was still playing in my bedroom and so, suddenly this very tune that I had almost forgotten came back to my mind. I also remembered 3 words of what I thought must be the chorus.
When I got back to my room, the music was still on and I thought, well, this tune sounds familiar! I checked the RDS and exactly those 3 words I just had remembered were on there. VOICE OF TRUTH... if I had known it was from "Casting Crowns"...  I still can't believe, that it was playing on an internet radio station from the US right when I remembered it after such a long time!

I searched for it in youtube and found it - and reading the lyrics it was just getting better because it describes exactly how I felt during the last weeks!



Checking the song out more and more I realized that it is also soundtrack to one of my favorite movies, "Facing the Giants".

I love that song!!! With my Lord, I can face the giants and I don't care anymore if they are laughing back at me or not... for His Glory!

2 comments:

chr1sch said...

was du kennst casting crowns net?
die haben von allen die genialsten texte. besorg dir mal schnell die letzen 4 alben!! =P

Tina said...

casting crowns kenn ich schon, nur sehr wenige Lieder von denen, aber ich bin grad schwer auf Entdeckungsreise :D Danke für den Tipp!