Monday, August 22, 2011

New Life

It's been 4 weeks today that I've got a new life in my house I have the privilege to take care of. A bad thing is I didn't have those 9 months one usually has to prepare for a new child but only 8 weeks. The good thing about it is, I don't have to change diapers.

If I would write down all the miracles that I experienced since my 15 year old niece called me late June to ask if she could move in with me from Elizabethtown, Kentucky USA and finish school here in Germany I probably could publish a book.
And although it is an overwhelming blessing, I am still working full time and time is not only flying but dashing. And since I get up at 4:30 in the morning, go to work at 6 a.m and get home to be busy with listening to what my kid has to tell me about her school day and prepare for the next day (I better don't mention all the paper work I had to take care of so that she has a good health insurance and so on), I could go to bed at 9 p.m. every evening.

I will see if I will find time to write down some of the unbelievable things our Heavenly Father blessed us with. Even the best planning would fade away compared to how precisely things and people were at the right time at the right place we never had even thought of!

But for now: Good night world, sleep well!

4 comments:

Amanda, the Conqueror said...

You make an amazing mother! I know you and daughter will be great and be inspiring to me and my daughter. God has blessed you with each other. :)

Esther Neumann said...

I am thrilled you can be a mama, now. There is nothing more worth and rewarding to guide and love a youngling through life. I am very proud and happy to be able to share this with you!Now we are not just sisters and sister-chicks but also parents lol. You are an AMAZING mom btw!!!

Tina said...

Hahaha, thanks, both of you! Tonight she told me how she loves it that I am "re-educating" her LOL (I wanted her to take a shower BEFORE she went to bed, it was such a hot day and she was all sweaty... first she didn't want and after she took the shower she said "I am so glad that you are teaching me and insisted on it") But I am sure, her "real" mom would have done the same!! :)

Jim said...

Congratulations, Tina! "Your Girl" will be keeping you pretty busy and it is ALL NEW to you. I suspect the blogging and Facebook will slow down a lot.

I am catching up with my world now. I posted some but have really been in the blogging dumps since July 18.

That is the day I had a total left knee replacement. It is slowly healing and now I am walking around with a cane.

Best wishes for the new family,
..
BTW, this school year our daughter, Karen, has her step-daughter living with her in London and going to school there.

They had to do most of the paperwork like you did for "Your Girl." Insurance too as BP couldn't have access to British public funds. The same for two-year-old KP and husband Billy too. Karen is the breadwinner with the job, with BP.
..