Sunday, January 2, 2011

Martin

Yesterday evening, when I noted down some catchwords in my new Bible Diary, I wrote down 5 names of people I especially want to pray for. One person's name I didn't write down but I had thought of him recently. Every time his name comes to my mind, I also pray for him. It's Martin.

Martin turned 40 years in 2009 (I think) and although he grew up in a let's call it good Christian family as an only child he became a criminal and ended up in prison. I think it was 2 years before he was set free that he had an encounter with Christ and started to read the Bible. He thought his life had changed when he got out of prison in 2008 (or end of 2007, I don't know the exact time) and he also got baptized later. In summer 2010 - he was living in a christian community that time - something happened that made him almost attack a brother in Christ seriously with a sledge. Long story short, he moved out there and during summer last year I just heard about him he had fallen back into his old criminal-ish behavior.

Last Fall (I don't remember if it was October or November) his name came to my mind and I prayed for him. I don't remember if it was the exact night after I prayed or the following, that he called (I think it was 3-ish) to yammer how bad his life is and how bad and unfair people, especially all the Christians, treated him. I offered to have him over so we could go to church the following weekend and he agreed, but I never heard back from him. After 2 weeks I tried to call him several times but he never picked up his phone.

This morning, 2 o'clock, he called again. Same story. He said about himself he is an arrogant a*hole, but it was his character to be like that and nobody would treat him right, especially when he thinks about Acts chapter 2, all the Christians back then shared everything but all the Christians he knows are rich and would never help him and above all, this stupid Eve ate that fruit and caused all the problems in the world and he never wanted to be like that and that's why he actually never had a chance.

Although I am somehow amazed that he called again after I had prayed for him, I have no idea what to do and I need prayer warriors to join me!
At the end of the "conversation" this morning at almost 4.30 a.m, I asked him what I had to expect now, if he would want to come or call again and he said, he doesn't know. Then I asked him not to call again in the middle of the night. Today is Sunday so I can get over the lack of sleep somehow but the first time he called last year was a Thursday night, I think, and of course I had to work that day...

3 comments:

Esther Neumann said...

Joined you already in prayers. As long as somebody doesn't realize that he is nothing and a piece of poop (sorry my french) without God AND SERIOUSLY wants to change that, it will be hard for that person to surrender. Only if we LOVE TO let Jesus lead our lives' and surrender to him with joy, we will be pulled back into our old habits over and over again. Let's pray he gets to that point, often rock bottom and lower!

Anju said...

It's hard to understand why or how we keep failing to get a strong hold on Christ and stick with him. It's sad to hear about Martin - I hope he turns his life around. It's never too late or impossible for God. :) Will pray for you and the people you think about. Have a great 2011!

chr1sch said...

wow i actually thought about him recently and wondered how he is...