Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, new things

I am excited about this new year! More than the years before. And it already started different. Not as splendid as my sister's (new-hubby-job), but I love those little ones as well. So I started January 1st in PJ's, all day long - haven't done that for years. Sunday (new as well) I decided what kind of cake I wanted in a café just by passing the cake bar (usually I can't decide and it takes MINUTES!). Yesterday, Sandy showed me that "perfect day" coffee bar that has probably best coffee in town AND she found me the perfect warm winter jacket at peek & cloppenburg.

Oh and this one is the best! Since over a year I try to have my quiet time right when I wake up but especially during winter time I too often fall kinda asleep again. It's dark and cold and bed is so snugly... well, you probably know what I am talking about. During the last weekend I really racked my brain (and asked the Father for an insight) how I could change it and TADA, suddenly it was there - so bright, clear and easy I am stunned (and annoyed that this didn't appear sooner):

I have to get up early to feed the cats anyway, they always put up such a fuss unless I give them their breakfast... So I get up at 5 a.m (or 5.30 this morning) and when I go into the kitchen to get the cat food, I turn the heating on. Then, while the cats are eating, I take a shower and dress up and prepare everything so that I easily can leave to get the bus to go to work. When preparations are done, I go back into the kitchen, wich is warm and cosy by that time, sit down at my big kitchen table, set up my kitchen timer (about 20 minutes) so that I wouldn't miss the bus and start reading. It works! I don't fall asleep anymore and I get the most benefit out of it! I finally found my "holy place" even if it's only a kitchen table...

1 comment:

Esther Neumann said...

I found the perfect winter jacket, as well -at American eagle. Oh well, next winter lol. I do my quiet time on the computer. I read our devotional from FB and then my bible chapter and some study from Dr. Fruchtenbaum. I always pray, that the lil one keeps sleeping long enough, though lol. Happy bout all the things you found. Gotta go to the cafe with you!!! Hopefully this summer...