Friday, July 8, 2011

Time

There's this saying.
Everyone has the same amount of time. It just depends on what every single one makes out of it.


I admit. Sometimes I am wasting my time.


But something really bothers me and every time I overhear or spot it, it makes my heart ache. Maybe it is "holier-than-thou", arrogant, fundamentalist?


I can't help it: people who are reading books/watching movies that glorify witchcraft like "Harry Potter" are not only wasting their God given time, they worship God's enemy.


Take some time to think about it...
Is light best friends with dark? Does Christ go strolling with the Devil? (...) Who would think of setting up pagan idols in God's holy Temple? But that is exactly what we are, each of us a temple in whom God lives. God himself put it this way:
"I'll live in them, move into them; I'll be their God and they'll be my people. So leave the corruption and compromise; leave it for good," says God.
"Don't link up with those who will pollute you.
I want you all for myself.
I'll be a Father to you;
you'll be sons and daughters to me."
2 Cor. 6:15ff
post scriptum:
Jim encouraged me to add verse 14: Don't become partners with those who reject God. How can you make a partnership out of right and wrong? That's not partnership; that's war.and - as this was The Message translation - I will add a probably more familiar one:
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

3 comments:

Anja said...

Liebe Tina

Ich hoffe es ist okay, wenn ich auf Deutsch schreibe ;-)
Ich habe deinen Post gelesen und habe Folgendes auf dem Herzen:

Hand aufs Herz: Welche weltliche Literatur, welcher Film oder welche Serie kommt den heutzutage schon ohne Sünde aus? Ob Hexerei, Ehebruch, Unzucht, Diebstahl, Mord etc. alles ist voller Sünde, voll des Teufels. Folglich müssten wir nicht nur von Harry Potter und Gefolge Abstand nehmen, sondern von allen (nicht christlichen) Büchern, Filmen etc.

Ich weiss nicht, wie du darüber denkst, mir geht es aber so, dass ich sehr gerne Filme schaue und Bücher lese. Ich stehe auch dazu, dass ich die Bücher über Harry Potter mag. Wenn ich solche Bücher lese, bewundere ich immer wieder die Phantasie und Schreibbegabung mancher Autoren (gerade auch bei Harry Potter). Und dann danke ich Gott dafür, dass er Menschen solche Begabungen geschenkt hat. Ist das falsch?

Ich habe erst letztens mit meiner Mutter darüber diskutiert, wie wir Christen schnell begeistert sind von allen Wundern der Natur und kein Problem haben, Gott dafür zu loben(gegen was natürlich absolut nichts einzuwenden ist). Wenn es jedoch um den Mensch geht, nehmen wir schnell Abstand davon. Dabei hat Gott doch auch uns geschaffen, mit all unseren Begabungen. Dafür können wir ihn doch auch loben nicht?

Ich bin mir aber bewusst, dass Gott nicht möchte, dass wir uns mit Dämonen, Hellsehern etc. einlassen, würde aber das Phantasiebücher lesen nicht dazu zählen. Vielleicht irre ich mich hier aber auch? Dies waren einfach meine Gedanken auf deinen Post hin.

Ganz liebi Grüäss aus der Schweiz, anja

Tina said...

Liebe Anja,

vielen herzlichen Dank für Deinen Beitrag. Als ich anfing, zu antworten, wurde es so lang, dass es den Rahmen gesprengt hat... Wenn Du magst, schau hier die Antwort.

Ich wünsche Dir ein wunderschönes Wochenende! Viele liebe Grüße, tina

Jim said...

Verse 14 may be more familiar (at least is was to me):
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

I liked your cat post below. I was looking at it while you posted this. Romeo is a snuggler for sure! I think Daisey was meditating as she liked her paw (nice YouTube composition).
..
Sorry Tina, but I left my comment WITH the cats yesterday by mistake. Jim
..